Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dreams, Harry Potter, and the Quran

I went to go see Harry Potter at midnight last night, and I must say, it was excellent. Much better than the previous movies. I like this director much better than the others. His humor is much more reminiscent of the series, and his series moments are darker and more somber. I won't ruin anything for you, but suffice it to say I give it a 9.5 out of 10.

But when I arrived home from the midnight premiere at around 3 or so and went to sleep, I had a dream. A nightmare, actually, one that I remember having a LONG time ago (I estimate at least 4 or 5 years), but which had slipped my mind until its recurrance today. I don't quite understand it, and I was hoping to have some light shed on it. So here it is :

During the first part of the dream, I was a doctor, and I had a young patient named Peter, who I would say is about 8 years old. His disease is serious, like leukemia or something of the sort, but he is in the early stages and still looks somewhat healthy (has all his hair) but looks frail nonetheless. He seems to be doing well, and is expected to live. But he is really scared, and he doesnt really have family who visits him, so I spend a lot of time with him, keeping him company, and we become close.

Then the dream shifts, and we are driving in a car. Me, Peter, my "parents" (who are my parents in the dream, but people I have never met in real life), my brother (same), and his extremely conservative fiance. We drive past this creeeeeeeeepy house. And then, as we are driving forward, without turning, we drive past it again, and a third time. Its a big old mansion. Somehow (the details are fuzzy) we wind up inside. And all the doors lock, the lights blow out, we get separated, and we get trapped inside. The initial groups are the parents together, the brother and fiance together, and then Peter and I together. I dont know quite what happened to the others at this point, but Peter and I were barricaded in a bathroom or something, and I was trying to keep him from crying, while he was asking me if he was going to die. I have never seen that look of fear in someone's eyes before, but I've felt it, so I kind of understand. There was a "man" in the house, with the traditional horror movie chainsaw, and he began to systematically separate the pairs. The father got poisoned when he drank some wine (why you would drink wine in a crazy house is beyond me, but he did it anyway). I am unsure of what happened to the mother.

At this point, the floor in the room Peter and I were in gave way, and I fell through several stories to what I believe was the basement. I told Peter to stay where he was and keep quiet and I would come find him, and to stay strong, I'll be there soon. I found the fiance in the basement as well, and she and I moved up the stairs. Somehow we ended up in a room above the bathroom where I could call to Peter, and he was safe at that point, but we had no news of the brother or the mother (although I think I may have seen the chainsaw guy get the mother).

Then I woke up. With this burning feeling of shame for not being able to find Peter. I can see his face so clearly burned into my mind its scary. And he was so scared. I feel ashamed for not being able to save him, which I know is strange because it was just a dream, but I cant get rid of this feeling.

I'm at a loss. Any ideas or interpretations?

On a side note, has anyone ever been to this website?
http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=103288633117&h=82L6L&u=qfT3j&ref=nf
I would love a copy of the Quran, but I hate giving out my address online unless I know a site is safe and secure, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it, either positive or negative.

Have a day full of blessings.

~Tobias

No comments:

Post a Comment